Frequently Asked Question

What programs are available at the Park and Recreation Department?

The park and recreation department has programs for baseball, softball, basketball, football, cheerleading, and soccer for children and adults.  Contact the recreation department to participate or for more information.


Is overnight camping available in Hamilton County?

Gibson Park, on the banks of the Suwannee River, offers rustic camping or RV hookups, fishing and canoeing.  Day Rates for Primitive (tent) Camping is $ 5.00,

Primitive (tent) Camping with Pavilion is $10.00, and RV Hook up & Camping (power & water) is $15.00.  Gibson Park is located at 6884 SW CR 751, Jasper, Florida 32052.  For Gibson Park information, call 386-792-1631.


Are there public boat ramps in Hamilton County? Where?

Hamilton County has boat ramps on the Withlacoochee


What parks can be found in Hamilton County?

Hamilton County has Gibson and Bellville Parks.


Is there a fireworks display in Hamilton County?

Hamilton County’s Fourth of July fireworks is held on July 4th each year.  The event is held at the Hamilton County Recreation complex.  For more information or to be a vendor, contact Chuck Burnett or Lynn Roberson at 386.792.3098.